Steamfitters are highly skilled workers who are responsible for every aspect of the installation and maintenance of piping systems in residential, commercial and industrial projects. They are essential to the installation and maintenance of boilers and other high-pressure equipment, especially those used in critical facilities such as hospitals. They also install and maintain heating, air conditioning and ventilation systems. Steamfitting is a specialized skill that is essential to our quality of life.
Where We Work
UA Steamfitters are found in a wide range of critical facilities as well as residential projects. Much of this work is highly specialized.
- UA steamfitters are found in power plants, automotive plants, refineries and elsewhere in the oil and gas industry.
- Biotech/Healthcare – clean rooms, data centers, hospitals and clinics, labs and pharmaceutical facilities
- Manufacturing – defense facilities; food processing; cogeneration and oil/gas/petrochemical plants; pulp and paper facilities
- Technology – semiconductor plants, chip plants
- Residential – multi-unit residential buildings and multi-family homes
Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) Service Technicians install, maintain and repair plumbing, heating,
UA Metal Trades workers are found on a wide variety of jobsites all across North
Pipefitters are highly skilled and certified tradespeople who work on jobs large and small all
Pipeliners install, repair and maintain oil and gas piping systems all across North America. They
Plumbers perform work that is essential to the health and safety of our citizens. Plumbers
Sprinkler Fitters install life and property saving fire protection systems in homes, schools, hospitals, office
Welders are found on almost every jobsite in North America. These skilled workers cut and