You have acquired all the necessary skills, training, education and experience; you are a master of your trade; you are a Journeyman! As a journeyman, you are qualified to work on many jobs in the piping industry, in every sector—from new construction to renovation of existing facilities to service and maintenance of critical infrastructure. The opportunities for a journeyman at the UA are limitless.
It’s more than just a job!
UA journeymen have more than a job—they have a lifelong career.
- Excellent wages, health care and pensions
- The protection of a union to fight for their rights
- Advanced training to increase their value to contractors
- Opportunities to give back—through leadership, teaching or community activism
- The ability to travel to other areas to work
- A brotherhood and sisterhood that has their backs every day
As a UA apprentice you will learn everything you need to become a highly-skilled trades
Are you an entrepreneur at heart? Then consider becoming a contractor/owner. Over the years many
All across Canada and the United States, UA members have an opportunity help prepare the
The success of a project often depends on the quality of the supervision. UA members
If you choose to become more involved in your local union, there are many options.
The UA is committed to developing future leaders, both at the local and international levels.